Saturday 16 March 2013

Art Vs Cancer Exhibition


So finally! 1st March! The anticipated first "Art Vs Cancer" exhibition organised by my uni friend Sally Wilson. It was a very smart event Sally put together who also kindly invited me to donate work to the event. Look at how pretty the entrance is!



I arrived early at the event to help out, my main role seem to ended up being blue-tagging about 47 slate tiles to the wall for the labels, it was such a cool idea and nice touch! And so glad they didn't fall off, and thanks for whoever that did the final 3 while I get my dress on!



So here we are all ready for the guests to arrive , staring from the incredible piece, 'The Jaws of Skadrax', by Kit Prosser. I can't understand how it is made at all! Crazy stuff!




And look It's my little monster! Isn't he cute chilling out here in the corner while guests are yet to arrive. Not sure if I had a good response or not but I saw some girls taking photos of it and taking my little business cards. 
Also I met a nice lady painter called Linda South who gave me really good advice for my crafty art future and lots of nice compliments! Thanks Linda!


This is another incredible piece I must post called, 'Pawns' by my very good friend +Peter Ocampo , which was purchased by our other uni friend too haha! Two uni friends had to outbid each other ha!

Below I believe was the most popular piece of the night, 'Things meddling in the corner', by Lucas Vigroux. Original Pencil and Ink. Amazing! It has such story and depth about it, it is also as if the character is staring right at you. Love the way he applied the lighting and the way he drew the clouds. Also what fantastic character designs! Genius! if only I could afford it..



This is a humourous piece I almost got but was out-bided, 'Shark', by Simon Landrein. There was people guarding it!


 Really great turn out at the event:)~ all SOLD OUT!


And the show did so well! We raised a grand totaly of £3150 for +Cancer Research UK !! I have never been so proud:) Cannot wait til next year! Special thanks to Sally again for getting me involved!

For more official photos please visit:
http://www.facebook.com/artforcancerresearch/photos_stream


No comments:

Post a Comment