Wednesday 20 March 2013

Slime lampshade



Today I am actually going to write about a quick craft of the day! With a bit of help from my boyfriend too. Basically I've got my hands on this beautiful book called 'Printing by Hand" by Lena Corwin.  for a while and has been tempted to revamp all my furniture for a long time. However my creative room has been taking its time.

Today my boyfriend have finally put them together and so we did our first craft project together. The tutorial is really clear from the book.

Basically you need:
1) A plain lampshade
2) Spray fabric paint
3) Any paper for your pattern template
4) Contact paper
5) Masking tape
6) Scissors and pencil.


This is the type I used, I wasn't sure if I picked the right item because its very watery that some leaked under the contact paper, I guess just makesure you don't over spray and the contact paper edges is stuck on very well.







After about an hour, tada! Done! Isn't it beautiful?



 Afterthought...
 
As always you want to rush to finish your work and I haven't had a lot of spraying experience so I think there was a bit of leakage which you can see here so please do not spare masking tape or over spray it so it floods into the inside. To distract this I might add some ribbons and findings to the bottom of it to make it more fancy! However we are so going to make all the lampshades like this in our house!! haha!


 


2 comments:

  1. Thanks, well the bedroom is blue and yellow , also didn't want it to affect the illuminance, so yellow is the way to go haha

    ReplyDelete